Wednesday, March 7, 2012

It's That Time of Year!



Happy Purim!
Purim used to be one of my favourite holidays when I was a kid. Why? because I could wear anything I wanted to without looking ridicoulous (well, most anything) and eat as much candy as my heart desired! How can I not love this time of year?
 Do you ever get this for a 
     Mishloach Manot
     I kind of wish I did! :)
Even though I don't looking forward eating all the candy anymore (it's very tempting!) nor coming up with a costume I haven't worn before (it gets harder and harder as the years go by :) ), I still love Purim almost as much as I did when I was a kid, specifically because it's a chance for friends to get together and have a great time! (and drink to the point where we can't recognize each other)
If I were to suggest anything about what to do with all those candies you are going to be receiving, is to give them away! Out of sight out of mind! However, If you love your chocolate too much and can't imagine parting with it, divide your stash into small bags and have a little bit at a time :)







How do you celebrate Purim? Do you have any family traditions?


No comments:

Post a Comment